Welcome to jakepearce.com’s Generation C Blog.
World’s First Opt in Generation – a proven case by synovate (A global research firm) in China
This blog highlights the first piece of work conducted in China on the concept of Digital Natives, Gen C or Generation C.
jakepearce.com has been arguing for some time that we will see an evolution in how Generations operate and that Generation C is the first ‘opt in’ Generation. In other words it is the first Generation which is a psychographic Generation. We worked with synovate in China to obtain the data.
The key questions we asked were:
- Do you know your demographic Generation?
- Do you feel part of that Generation?
- Do you feel proud to be part of that Generation?
- Do you know what Generation C is?
- Now you know what it is do you feel part of that Generation?
- Post 1980 – people feel much less part of a ‘generation’ – 40-50% of those post 1980
- All age groups feel part of the digital native group to some extent – irrespective of age
- Those born post 80′s or 90′s around 40% feel part of digital generation
- With those born post 60′s and 70′s around 30% feel part of a digital generation
- Yet if you ask which group is proudest to be part of a digital generation – it is by far and away those people who are older who feel prouder to be part of it than yougn people
- 80% of those who born after 1950 were proud to be part of the digital generation whereas only 35% of those born after 1990 were
- This contrast in age – shows clearly that this is a truly opt in Generation – since it is in fact those who are older who feel more like a Digital Native than those who are younge
These responses confirm jakepearce.com’s hypothesis – that stereotypes around ‘young people being digital’ need to be readdressed and more work needs to be done here to truly understand the nature of Generation C as a pyschographic generation.
We hope this was useful. For more information just email email@example.com