“What should I do next?”
“How should I change my leadership style”
“I want to evolve but I don’t know how”
“Do I fit with this company?”
“What are my goals for this year?”
“What image should go on my Facebook page or on Twitter?”
We often ask life questions and frequently ask what should we do.
Yet we rarely to ask who we should be.
Yet that’s not a good balance – just think about the familiar and true phrase about life – Be, Do, Have.
Everyone is a brand
So, everyone is a brand, whether they like it or not. It is what you are - not what you do.
If you have clarity about who you are when you are at your best, it acts like a compass – it means you make better personal and professional decisions. It keeps you true to yourself and the sheer brilliant clarity of self knowledge gives you enhanced power, drive, focus and motivation.
Personal branding is increasingly important for a variety of reasons irrespective of whether you are young or old, funky or conservative because the world demands you have a digital presence. If you have a clear personal brand you will be able to represent yourself more accurately and powerfully as the ‘true you’.
Why consider personal branding? Two reasons…
- In a personal sense the process allows you to clarify who you are so you can more easily identify how you want to lead the life you want
- In a corporate context, it allows you to clarify how your personal brand fits with your organisation. This is great for career planning as you can identify and navigate potential sources of strength or conflict when you review if your values and your organisations’ values are aligned or misaligned
Today personal branding approaches comes in two forms – the idea of being ‘PR-ed’ or alternatively, highly theoretical and complex personal branding systems.
jakepearce.com felt what was needed was a process that was simple, practical yet capturing the complexity of individuality. Yet there was nothing.
Our answer is a system which delivers three things which are world firsts:
- A personal essence word – that means at any moment you have a fast reality check when decision making
- A personal sign – it is completely unique to you and captures what you are about to keep you anchored
- Portable choices – to bring your Mibrand alive you can use it in 3D forms. Perhaps on a custom made t-shirt, a key ring, a discrete set of stickers or a business card – whatever you choose, it is unique to you.
Personal branding and corporate branding have some similarities and some key differences.
The key, rather obvious and yet profound difference is that corporate brands don’t know all about themselves – but you do. Your Mibrand represents you and your constant evolution.
We have an advanced yet simple approach in 7 steps:
- A wellness audit – this approach allows you to identify those areas where you are ‘whole,’ ‘developing’ and ‘requiring self development’
- Framing – this framework allows you to look at yourself and identify your personal brand in the past, in relation to others and how you are evolving
- Visualising – finding images that represent these parts of you
- Mining – this provides you with both the space and tools to represent simply the experience identified in Framing
- Sculpting – all the work is then taken to develop 5 essence words – and you give the direction which mostly powerfully corresponds to yourself
- Refining – the essence word is finalised and used to develop 3 directions for an unique personal sign – one direction is chosen
- Delivering – your Mibrand sign is chosen and delivered after a maximum of two iterations.
Want to find out more about Mibrand email us now.